Welcome to 5th Grade
5-411 5-413 5-416 5-417
Ms. Lalicata & Mrs. Alves Mrs. Velisarios Mrs. Bloom Mrs. Tendilla
5th Graders Benchmarks (November)
- Students will maintain a reading level of T or higher
- Students will summarize by retelling important parts of text(s) read
- Students will differentiate between facts and opinions found in texts
- Students will determine causes and effects found in narratives
- Students will read grade level chapter books independently for 30 minutes per night.
- Students will use grade level vocabulary when completing grade level tasks.
- Students will support written responses with text evidence.
- Students should maintain an average of 80% or higher on reading assessments.
- Students will be able to determine the theme of a story by discovering the centralized idea.
- Students will organize paragraphs that include indentations and grade level punctuation, capitalization, and spelling.
- Students will write personal narratives which include setting, character, sequence, dialogue, descriptive and transitional words, senses, opening and conclusion, and showing and not telling.
- Students will demonstrate note taking skills.
- Students will rapidly recall multiplication facts to 12.
- Students will add and subtract 4+ digit numbers with and without decimals.
- Students will subtract decimals and whole numbers by regrouping when applicable.
- Students will understand relationships of different place values from the thousandths to the millions place.
- Students will divide with multi-digit divisors and interpret remainders.
- Students will find products of decimals by multiplying and place the decimal between the correct digits.
- Students will observe different ecosystems to better understand how organisms interact with each other to survive.
- Students will study different topics in astronomy to better understand where stars are in space.
- Students will use correct vocabulary words to explain concepts learned.
- Students will understand the nature of science including data collection and processes practiced.
- Students will understand how geography determines culture.
- Students will understand how human communities have modified their physical environments.
- Students will identify geographical regions of the Western Hemisphere.
- Students must be able to complete classwork.
- Students must be able to complete homework assignments.
- Students must be able to correctly copy information from the board to their notebook.