Tips for Successful At-Home Learning
At-home learning will look different than a typical school day. The amount of time your child should be expected to engage in learning activities will vary by age and grade level. The expectations below are guidelines. If your child is not able to complete at-home learning assignments within the time periods recommended below, contact your child's teacher to discuss a modified assignment load.
- Make sure your child has a quiet place to work (ideally a desk or table) and the school supplies they need. Try to remove distractions like the television or other technology not needed for learning.
- For Pre-K, expect your child to have live instruction for 30 minutes, broken up into session.
- For grades K-2, expect your child to have live instruction for 65 to 95 minutes, broken up into sessions of no more than 30 minutes.
- For grades 3-5, expect your child to have live instruction for 90 to 110 minutes, broken up into sessions of no more than one 45 minutes.
- Use Fridays to catch up on any assignments not yet completed.