Tips for Successful At-Home Learning
In the event that P.S. 212Q goes fully remote due to a school closure or a snow day:
- All Google Classroom instruction will begin at 8:30 am and will end at 2:00 pm.
- Each teacher will post their schedule for the day and the Zoom link on their Google Classroom page.
- If your child has art, PE, music, Brain Power, or technology, they will have that subject at their normal time, depending upon the day of the week. For example, if your child has PE on Monday period 2, they will have PE at 9:00 am. The PE teacher will post a link in your child’s Google Classroom and on their page.
- Make sure your child has a quiet place to work (ideally a desk or table) and the school supplies they need. Try to remove distractions like the television or other technology not needed for learning.
- For Pre-K, expect your child to have live instruction for 30 minutes, broken up into session.
- For grades K-2, expect your child to have live instruction for 65 to 95 minutes, broken up into sessions of no more than 30 minutes.
- For grades 3-5, expect your child to have live instruction for 90 to 110 minutes, broken up into sessions of no more than one 45 minutes.